Frequently Asked Questions
Find the answer you're looking for in our FAQ section. Search by topic or by keyword using the form below.
- What loan accounts are eligible for external payments?
Agricultural, auto, certificate secured, credit card, line of credit, recreational vehicle, share secured, and personal loans.
- Can I set up recurring or automatic payments?
Yes. Select the register option and create an account. You can then complete the steps to setup recurring, automatic payments.
- Will my Ascend online banking login and password work for external payments?
No. You will need to create a new login and password apart from your Ascend online banking login and password.
- Do I have to register to make a loan payment?
No. Just choose the “Express Pay” option and follow the steps to complete a one-time payment.
- What payment options are available to pay my loan or credit card?
You can make payments via another bank account, a VISA® debit card, a Mastercard® debit or credit card, or a Discover® debit or credit card.
- Can I use the external payments portal to pay my mortgage?
No. At this time, mortgage payments are not available using this tool.
- What card payment options are available to use the external payments tool?
Payments may be made using a VISA® debit card, Mastercard® credit or debit card, or Discover® credit or debit card.
VISA® credit card payments are not accepted due to the organization's rules regarding using credit to pay debt.
- Is there a fee for using the external payments portal?
There is no fee for members using the portal via ascend.org to make loan or credit card payments. Payments made via phone call to our contact center will still incur a $10 fee.