Frequently Asked Questions
Find the answer you're looking for in our FAQ section. Search by topic or by keyword using the form below.
- Does Ascend offer CDs (or Certificates of Deposit)?
We offer Share certificates, which are the same as CDs offered by a bank. Our certificate accounts program was developed to offer a greater variety of options at competitive rates to increase your return, including Jumbo Certificate options that offer negotiable rates and terms. For a complete list of options, visit our Certificate Accounts page.
- Can I withdraw from my certificate early without penalty?
No. Withdrawals are allowed on each of our certificate types, but they come with a penalty. Visit our Rates Dashboard for current rates and fees.
- Can I change the type or term of my certificate after it has been opened?
For members under age 59 ½, the type and term of a certificate cannot be changed unless the certificate is at maturity or during the grace period. Ascend does offer to our IRA holders who are age 59 ½ or older or who are disabled the opportunity to perform a one-time per calendar year movement of an IRA certificate.
- When will dividends post to certificates?
Dividends for certificates are credited monthly.
- Will my certificate account ever lose its value?
No. Ascend certificate accounts are insured by the National Credit Union Association (NCUA) for up to $250,000.