5 Ways to Avoid Credit Card Fraud
Share this article:
- Keep your credit cards safe. Store your cards in a secure wallet or purse. After making a purchase, immediately return your card to that place.
- Don’t allow websites to “remember” your card number. Only let secure payment portals, like Google Pay and PayPal, remember your card number. An even better practice is to never check the “remember card number” box for any site or portal.
- Be wary when shopping online. Before using your credit card online, verify the site’s security and that the URL is authentic — there’s an “s” after the “http” in the web address, and a lock icon as well.
- Report lost or stolen cards immediately. The sooner you report a missing card, the less liability you’ll have for fraudulent charges made with your card. You can deactivate your card immediately using the Card Control by Ascend app and then give us a call at 1-800-342-3086 so we can help.
- Review your monthly bill. Always look through your monthly statement to check for suspicious account activity.