Online Banking Agreement
This online banking agreement (Agreement) states the terms and conditions for Ascend Federal Credit Union’s (Ascend, Credit Union) online account access service. By requesting and using online banking, each member agrees to the terms and conditions of this Agreement. The terms and conditions set for in the Agreement are in addition to those terms and conditions of any account(s) you may have with Ascend.
• We, us, or our refers to Ascend.
• You and your means each person registered for the online banking service or who uses the service with consent.
• Online bill payment is the electronic bill payment feature of online banking.
(b) With access to the Internet, your member account number, a user ID, and password (all selected and kept confidential by you), you may perform the following transactions using online banking:
• Transfer funds between your savings, checking, Health Savings, Money Market, or line of credit accounts.
• Perform account-to-account transfers (provided you are a joint owner on said accounts and have completed a cross account transfer authorization form).
• Make loan payments on your Credit Union accounts, determine which checks have cleared, verify your account balance, make application for consumer, home equity, and mortgage loans, send us electronic mail, obtain electronic statements, pay bills electronically, and much more.
• Get a better picture of your spending behavior with the free Money Management tool.
• Get personalized cash-back offers based on your shopping history and spending patterns with Purchase Rewards using Ascend’s debit card, subject to its own terms, conditions and qualifications.
• Send money to friends or family using just their email address, mobile phone number or account number with Pop Money, subject to its own terms and conditions.
• Make transfers between financial institutions easier with Funds Transfer, subject to its own terms and conditions.
• Chat with an Ascend Service Representative securely without leaving your online banking session.
All services are subject to change without notice.
(c) Ascend maintains appropriate security standards to authenticate users of online banking, including issuance of user IDs and passwords to members who request electronic access to their accounts. By using any of the online banking services, you agree not to give out or make available your user ID and/or password to any person not authorized to access your account.
(d) You agree to notify us immediately if you believe your password for the online banking service has been used without your consent, obtained or compromised in any way. We may suspend your access until a new password has been established.
(e) We reserve the right to terminate or suspend this Agreement and your use of online banking in whole or in part at any time, for any reason, without notice and without liability.
(f) You may terminate this agreement at any time by notifying us in writing. To terminate this Agreement, you must notify us in writing and provide your name, address, account number, and date you want the termination to be effective. If you decide to terminate this Agreement, you will no longer be able to access online banking or online bill payment.
(g) No fees will be assessed for your use of our online banking service or online bill payment.
(h) This agreement may be amended or modified at any time and changes will be effective without notice.
(i) Ascend will not be liable for any loss, liability, injury, or damages resulting from any failure of your equipment or software, or that of an Internet browser provider, by an Internet service provider, or by an online service provider, nor will we be liable for any direct, indirect, special, or consequential damages resulting from your access to or failure to access online banking or online bill payment. Further, you agree to indemnify, defend and hold us, our affiliate companies, directors, officers, employees, agents, and assigns harmless against any third party claim, demand, suit, action, or other proceeding and any expenses related to online banking or online bill payment services in any manner.
(j) Ascend is not responsible for any electronic virus that you may encounter. We suggest that you routinely scan your PC for possible viruses or other problems. An undetected virus may corrupt and destroy your programs, files, and your hardware.
(k) We may assign this Agreement to an affiliate of the Credit Union or any successor in interest in the event of a merger, reorganization, change of control, acquisition, or sale of all or substantially all the assets of the business to which this Agreement is related without your consent.
(l) This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Tennessee and any federal law.
(m) You are responsible for all charges assessed by communication companies, both local and long-distance, or other related companies.
(n) You understand that to use online banking, you must have Internet access through an Internet provider and Internet browser software.
(o) This agreement does not change or amend any other account agreements, loan agreements or other service agreements currently in effect, or which may be established at a later date.
(p) Your use of online banking is your acknowledgment that you have received and agree to be bound by this Agreement.