What happens if Automated Fraud Alerts go unanswered?
View All FAQs
If you are unable to respond to an Automated Fraud Alert, next steps include:
- If the text message is not answered within 30 minutes, a digital call is made to the phone number on file. If there is no response, an automated message will prompt you to call the Fraud Detection Department at 888-918-7313.
- If there is no response within three hours of the message, a digital call is made to the phone number on file again; however, another message is not left unless the previous attempts were unsuccessful.
- If there is no response to any of the previous contact attempts, an email is sent five minutes after the final call to the home and work email addresses on file.
- If there is still no response, no further action will be taken by the automated service.
- At this point, it is up to the member to contact Ascend for assistance. The member’s card may be blocked and may be declined.