The Pros and Cons to Personal Loans
Share this article:
Different loans are important for different reasons; one of the keys to finding the loan for you is pinpointing just what you need the money for and weighing the various methods you can use to acquire the funds you need on the terms that meet your timeline and budget. What can a personal loan, one of Ascend’s most affordable and navigable offerings, do for you?
- Ascend’s personal loans start as low as $300, the lowest entry point for a loan of its type in the market.
- Personal loans are designed to give you the money to do what you need and are not tied to a particular service.
- Want to lock in your monthly finances? With a fixed-rate personal loan, you can know each month what your bills will look like, including the interest rate, and you can structure the payment when it’s convenient for you.
- There is no penalty for paying off any Ascend loan early, including a personal loan.
- An Ascend personal loan offers lower interest rates than many types of debt, including credit cards, medical and vacations.
- Depending on what you plan to do with the money, other Ascend offerings might have a lower interest rate and still qualify for the purchase or expenditure you wish to make. Consulting our Financial Service Officers is a great way to be sure you’re on the right track.
- Be careful to choose a payment schedule, term and loan amount you're comfortable with—late payments and missed payments can and will have a substantial impact on your credit score, and that number will matter long after the initial loan is paid off. Automatic bill payment options are great tools if remembering due dates isn’t your strong point.
To get started on the personal loan for you, apply here on our website or visit any of our 27 Middle Tennessee branches. Whether you're in Nashville, Dickson, Murfreesboro, Decherd, Cookeville, Columbia or Franklin, an Ascend branch is nearby with a team ready to help.