5 Top Middle Tennessee Family Spots to Explore
Share this article:
School is now in session but that isn’t a reason to stay inside! Here are a few of our favorite spots in Middle Tennessee the whole family might enjoy.
- Nashville Zoo at Grassmere: There is no better way to show your kids there are mammals wilder than they are is standing face-to-face with a tiger.
- Science Centers: If the great outdoors isn’t really your family’s thing, treat the STEM lovers in your crew to one of the great science centers in the area. The Adventure Science Center in Nashville offers lessons about beekeeping, surfing the edges of the galaxy, physics and more. A trip to the Discovery Center in Murfreesboro offers exhibits on the five senses, the 19th amendment and more. Don’t forget to stop by the Ascend Federal Credit Union train depot while you are there. The Hands on Science Center in Tullahoma is also full of activities and learning for your children with over 100 exhibits to explore.
- RailroadMuseums: Middle Tennessee is home to a number of great railroad museums for your budding train engineer to explore. You can make a visit to Cookeville, Cowan, Dickson, and Lynnville among others.
- Frist Art Museum: If you have a taste for the finer things in life, head over to the Frist Art Museum. Gain inspiration from a tailored experience for the young artist in your life.
- Tennessee State Museum: Connect with the past and present at the Tennessee State Museum and visit the kids gallery where your children can play and learn about Tennessee history and culture. Right around the corner from Bicentennial Capitol Mall State Park, the museum is the perfect picnic spot while in Nashville.