Ascend awards members $12,000 to continue their education
Share this article:
For the 17th consecutive year, Ascend Federal Credit Union is showing its commitment to education with $1,000 scholarships for 12 of its members.
Winners of the 2019 Ascend Federal Credit Union Scholarship, their hometown and their college, university, technical, or trade school include the following:
- Brianna Cardenal – Hillsboro – East Tennessee State University
- Delila Wuori – Hendersonville – University of Massachusetts Amherst
- Jalela Bahar – Murfreesboro – The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
- Jordyn Steffey – Smyrna – Tennessee Technological University
- Kaitlyn MacDonald – Nashville – Vanderbilt University
- Kimberly Bradley – Springfield – Tennessee State University
- Luke Cameron – McMinnville – Western Governors University
- Marynia Harris – McMinnville – Lipscomb University
- McCalla Medvecky – Fairview – Lipscomb University
- Elexa Payne – Manchester – Tennessee Technological University
- Jessica Thomas – Wartrace – Motlow State Community College
Details for Ascend’s 2020 scholarship will be posted here later this year. Ascend employees, officials and any of their family members are excluded from eligibility. Scholarship winners may reapply for the next academic year if they meet program requirements.