In late March, we will be transitioning to a new credit card processor and in preparation for this, current cardholders will receive a new Visa® credit card. You may begin activating your new credit card on March 26, 2023.
Early to Mid-March
- Members will begin to receive their new Ascend Visa credit card.
- Please note: this card cannot be activated until March 26, 2023. You may continue to use your current credit card until then.
- Note any preauthorized or recurring payments on your current card. You will need to contact those merchants on or after March 26, 2023 and provide them with your updated credit card information to ensure continuous service.
- If you have a scheduled transfer set up through online banking to pay your credit card, you will need to reestablish the payment after March 27, 2023.
Late on Thursday, March 23
Access to your current credit card inside online and mobile banking will be unavailable beginning March 23 through March 27.
If you would like to make a payment, you may do so online or through the mobile app prior to March 23. Otherwise, you will be required to pay on or before March 27 in order to avoid a late fee at any Ascend branch, via ITM or over the phone with a representative by calling 800-342-3086.
Saturday, March 25
- This is the last day to use your old credit card.
- In the event of any travel plans during this weekend, please ensure you have your new credit card to activate on March 26, 2023.
Sunday, March 26
- Activate and begin using your new Ascend Visa credit card by calling the number on the front of the card.
- Moving forward, to perform a cash advance, you will need to have your Ascend credit card and PIN associated with it. Members will no longer be able to initiate a transfer from their credit card via online banking, STAR or by using a linked Debit or ATM card.
- Members will no longer be able to make a payment using STAR and will need to make their payment using another method such as a transfer via online or mobile banking, mailing a check or by visiting an Ascend branch.
Monday, March 27
- Access to your new credit card information should be available in online and mobile banking.
- Reestablish your recurring scheduled transfer in online banking from your Ascend checking or savings account to your new credit card.
Your Credit Card Number Will Be Changing
Your credit card will be issued with a new number. If you have preauthorized or recurring payments, or other linked accounts to your credit card where bills are paid, such as cable or utilities, please contact those merchants with your new credit card number and expiration date on or after March 26, 2023, to ensure continuous service.
Make Sure Your Information is Up to Date
To ensure you receive your new card, please make sure your contact information is up to date. Simply log in to online banking and update your information under Menu>Settings>Profile, visit your nearest Ascend branch or call us at 800-342-3086.
Quarterly rewards will be divided between two separate dates for the first quarter of 2023. Rewards accrued in January and February will be disbursed at the end of February. Any rewards accrued in March will be disbursed at the end of the month, after which disbursements will resume being paid on a quarterly basis.
You'll soon be able to easily enable or disable your cards with Card Controls directly in the Ascend mobile app. Enjoy the same control over your cards as before without having to use a separate app.
- How long can I continue to use my current credit card?
You may continue using your current credit card until March 25. After that date, all activity will be discontinued on the old card, and you will need to begin using your new credit card, on or after March 26. Once you have successfully activated your new credit card on March 26, destroy the old card.
- Will the rate and terms change for my credit card?
No. Your credit card rate and terms will remain the same.
- What should I do once I receive my new card?
On or after Sunday, March 26, activate your new credit card by calling the number on the front of your card. The new credit card will not work prior to the March 26 activation date.
- I have merchants that charge my credit card monthly. Will I have to notify those merchants?
Yes. Your credit card will be issued with a new number. You will need to contact any merchant with whom you have automatic or recurring charges and provide them with the new card number and expiration date.
- Do I have to request a new credit card?
No. If you currently have a credit card with Ascend, you will automatically receive a new credit card during the reissue period. Please ensure your mailing address is up to date.
- Will my payment due date change?
No. Your credit card payment will continue to be due on the 25th of the month.
- Why am I getting a new credit card?
With the change in card processors, it was necessary for us to issue new credit cards to all members.
Don't see the question you're looking for?