What you need to know about the first round of Advance Child Tax Credit payments
Share this article:
the first round of Advance Child Tax Credit payments scheduled to begin
on July 15, you may have questions surrounding the program and the
benefits it provides. Here is the latest information available to
- The IRS will not contact you via email, text message or social media to request personal or financial information. Scammers will use this opportunity to try to defraud you of your money.
- The next payment is scheduled for Aug. 13, 2021. You can expect these dates for the next payments Sept. 15, Oct. 15, Nov. 15 and Dec. 15 without any action required other than filing a 2020 tax return.
- You may receive the payment if you don’t qualify for the earned income credit or don’t owe any income taxes.
- For the 2021 tax year, qualifying families will receive up to $3,600 per child for children ages five and under at the end of 2021. For children between the ages of 6 and 17, families will receive up to $3,000 per child.
- Payments will be made via direct deposit, paper check, or debit cards.
- Ascend will process the payments upon receipt from the IRS. We highly encourage the usage of online banking, the app, or our STAR telephone banking system to check balances and to determine if the payment has been processed.
- We anticipate higher than normal call volumes and appreciate your patience as we work to serve you.
For additional information including FAQs and enrollment portal visit IRS.gov